Friday, December 08, 2006

Edwards Miles: 'failed' by mental care system

This front page in the East London Advertiser (see link below) knocked me for the mother of all sixes. I used to run a family grocery store in Bethnal Green, London E2 with my Dad and brother. Edward Miles was a regular shopper there. It is no overstatement to say that this man was one of the most genial I have ever had the fortune to meet. You will not find one person who could say a bad word about this gentleman. I had no clue whatsoever that he was murdered in 2003 by his wife and her lover. My heart goes out to his children, his family and I would hope at all my readers will join me in sending condolences to his family. May the wounds heal fast and may you find peace with time. Edward miles, rest in peace, Ameen!

http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/content/towerhamlets/advertiser/postbag/story.aspx?brand=ELAOnline&category=postbag&tBrand=northlondon24&tCategory=postbagela&itemid=WeED07%20Dec%202006%2016%3A14%3A42%3A560

No comments: