Thursday, April 19, 2007

London Marathon 2007 Diary: Day 22

I am sorry to say this but I have to confess that I'm a full blown druggie, as my pic taken this afternoon proves. I forgot to mention that since my day 2o 22 miler I've been laid off with the Mother of all chest infections. Never have I felt so bad. Been on antibiotics since last Friday. Also taking paracetamol, Soothers, Lockets, Cough mixture, Ginger tea, Twinnings and boiled water. This morning after morning prayers I started whistling like a kettle and out of frustration, grabbed and took two puffs of my son's asthma pump. Job done. Haven't fully recovered, but am feeling a lot better. Going to the sauna at launch helped. Apart from that I have spent all week doing toning weights, stretches, 20 minutes of rowing, stepping or cross training. Wonder if all the chemicals in my bloodstream could result in a negative urine sample!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: