Sunday, April 13, 2008

My trip to Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium

Ismael Rahman, age 9

I visited the great Emirates stadium, home of Arsenal football club, with my dad, my little brother and my grandad (The arsenal fan).

We went to Barking station first and travelled to Whitechapel by the District line. We then took the Hammersmith line to Kings Cross, and from there we took the Piccadilly line to Arsenal. It didn’t take us one train or two but three. When we arrived we had to get the tickets from the all Arsenal shop.

We weren’t going there to watch a match as we were going to get a tour. We had to wait a bit because we were late (It was the train). When we were in the stadium we had to give the tickets to the guide and we were given a sticker. The tour guide was a retired Arsenal player. We saw the changing room, the pitch, the toilets (I don’t think you want to know that), Thierry Henrys socks, trophies, some players boots and some pictures. We also took lots of pictures. All of us sat on Arsene Wenger’s lucky number 13 seat, and my Dad sat on the seat that David Beckham sat on when he visited the Emirates to watch a match, whilst training with Arsenal.

When the tour finished we went to the Arsenal museum were we saw some trophies. There where games to play as well. When we returned home my dad bought us chicken and chips, and a can of Pepsi.

It was a very nice day, even though it would have been better if we went to Stamford Bridge.

If you haven’t guessed, I’m a Chelsea fan, my dad’s a Liverpool fan, my grandad’s an arsenal fan, and my brother…. I DON’T HAVE A CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ismael Rahman
Apex Primary School

www.freewebs.com/ismaelx5

No comments: