Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Abseil king Misfah takes the plunge

Emdad Rahman

Community housing manager Fokrul Hoque Misfah is jubilant after completing his Canary Wharf abseil for charity. Misfah, 33 completed his abseil, despite having a fear of heights. “I do fear heights but have a ‘try anything once’ attitude. The abseil was for charity and having hit and surpassed my fundraising target I’m dead chuffed” Fokrul said. “The experience was very liberating and the goodwill of all my wellwishers and my happy thoughts ensured a very pleasurable experience.“ Misfah is raising funds Cancer Research UK, the world's leading independent organisation dedicated to cancer research. “Cancer is not something that just effects one group of people, but it effects us all, whether we are young, old, Black, Asian, white, male or female. I can bet that everyone knows at least one person that has been affected by cancer.” Misfah is still taking donations. Visit his fundraising page.

emdad@londonbangla.com

No comments: