Monday, August 03, 2009

Ajmal Bari wins top student award

Emdad Rahman

Ajmal Bari, a student of Muwatta Weekend Maktab has achieved the upper school student of the year for the academic year 2008/09.

The 9 year old, who will start year 5 in September, beat off many older pupils to win the prestigious trophy.

Young Ajmal was very humbled to win the award. “I am very pleased,” he said. “I’d like to say a big thank you to my teachers for their hard work, and also my parents for supporting me and allowing me to study at Muwatta, a place I really enjoy attending and where I have made lots of good friends.”

“This is the calibre of student that we endeavour to always produce,” said Muwatta Principal Moulana Ashuk Hussain JP. “Apart from their studies we aid students in societal development, and we aim for all our pupils to go on to become upstanding citizens and contributing role models for others in the community.”

His proud parents said they “were over the moon with his achievement.”

Ajmal’s name was inscribed on the trophy, and the youngster joins a prestigious list of previous students who have earned similar distinction.

He was rewarded with £35.00 of Argos vouchers.

No comments: