Sunday, August 28, 2011

Swanlea School, Business and Enterprise College, celebrates best results in the school’s history!

Students at Swanlea are today celebrating a record-breaking set of G.C.S.E results this year, with 80% of students achieving a minimum of 5 A*-C grades, and 66% of students achieving 5 A*-C grades including English and Maths (up from last year by 17%). 


An impressive improvement on last year’s results, Swanlea students have gained some fantastic qualifications. Judged by OFSTED as an “outstanding” school at its last inspection, Swanlea students have well and truly matched that judgement in terms of their accomplishments.

Brenda Landers, Headteacher, commented

“This is a truly outstanding result, I am absolutely delighted for our students. This tremendous set of results reflects the hard work and dedication put in by students, staff and parents. Strong academic qualifications open doors for our students and enable them to have the life chances they truly deserve. I am thrilled for them all.”

Gannaty Rahman, (17 GCSEs – 6 A*s, 6 As, 3 Bs, 2 Cs) said

“I am so happy! I am really relieved to finally get my results and for them to be what I hoped for. I would like to thank all my teachers at Swanlea for all their hard work. They were always there for me, staying late after school and enabling me to do my very best. “

Shunaz Begum, (16 GCSEs – 2 A*s, 8 As, 4 Bs, 2 Cs)

 “I am overjoyed with my results! I was so nervous waiting for them, but now I have them I am over the moon. It was hard work, but worth it.”

Zakaria Hassan-Abby, (14 GCSEs – 8 As, 4 Bs, 2 Cs) said,

“I am really happy with my GCSE grades, I did work hard for them, and am really glad that it paid off.”

2 comments:

Payroll Administrator Courses said...

Wonderful achievements by the students. II ma really impressed by the results they got. They really make history.

mt2s editor said...

I think they prepared well this time. Their credit should go to their teachers and parents too. They would become inspirational for other students.