Monday, February 06, 2012

Exclusive interview with Fernando Torres

Emdad Rahman: It's been so cold recently that even Jodie Marsh has covered her midriff.

Enjoyed a moment of good fortune as I met Fernando Torres (pictured) in my hometown yesterday.

Torres' form at Stamford bridge has been sub zero and there are whispers surfacing that he pines for a soaking in the rain of Spain.

Icebound El Nino was numb with disappointment after seeing his beloved Chelski lose a three goal home lead against the 12 men of Manchester United.

Spitting out his glacier mint, the stiffened Torres offered me a chilly account of the game. He coldly complained about the influence of one of the oldest players on the pitch - Howard Webb. "Paul Scholes wasn't bad either," I helpfully added.

I've been told that there's more chance of hell freezing over than the Spanish hitman ever receiving anything less than a frosty reception from Liverpool fans.

Provoking a snowstorm of views, I recommended Didi Hamann's new autobiography to the refrigerated ex striker. I also put Nando on the spot asked if amongst the burning embers he harboured any warm feelings towards the Liverpool fans who used to adore him.

Typically, he froze.

No comments: