Thursday, June 07, 2012

New Beefeater joins the Tower of London:

Interview with Yeoman Warder Clive Towell
 
Name: Clive Towell
Age: 44
Marital status: Single with long term partner Sheena Lott
Family:  Two daughters –Sophie aged 14 and Mollied aged 12
 
Living: I am from Cheltenham Gloucester but have been in the Army since the age of 16. I live with Sheena in Horley, Surrey. We are both looking forward to moving into the Tower once my probation period has finished in 6 months.
 
Which regiments did you serve with?  I have served with the Kings Royal Hussars for almost my full career of 29 years. I started off as a Trooper and finished a Regimental Sergeant Major. I then went on and became the first Household Cavalry and Royal Armoured Corps Sergeant Major, a position I held for 2 years.
 
How many years in military service?
29
 
Where have you been stationed? UK, Northern Ireland, Germany, Canada, Belize, Bosnia, Iraq and France
 
What role did you do prior to becoming a Yeoman Warder? I was the Senior Recruiter at ACIO Bromley
 
How does it feel to be appointed a Yeoman Warder? I am very proud to have been selected as a Yeoman Warder, I am looking forward to serving for the next 20 years’ish! I found out about the role from serving Yeoman Warder’s at the Tower. The recruitment procedure took about three months and was a very fair process.
 
What are your first impressions of life as a Yeoman Warder at the Tower of London? Life is good at the Tower, it’s great working with the public and outdoors. I have a great deal to learn over the next six months, but it all seems to be settling down well.
 
Have you moved in to your home at the Tower of London? What is it like? Not yet, I have to serve out a probation period first
 
How are you finding living in Central London? I love it there is so much to see and do
 
What will you be doing over the next few weeks? Working on my Tour trying to learn the script!

No comments: