Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Olympic year British 10k to support the homeless


I  completed my fourth consecutive British 10k powered by Nike. Running to support the homeless who are served by Tony & Sue Miller's team at the Whitechapel Mission, I raised just over £500:00 and am very pleased to have reached my target. I'm also very happy to have played a very small part in supporting some of the most vulnerable people in our community.

Many thanks go out to the many family, friends and well wishers who continued to support me right up to and beyond the finish line. I was very pleased that it was a rainy day as it helped keep most of us very cool throughout."

25,000 runners took part in the landmark event. Runners included Sky Sports pundit Chris Kamara and Shadow Justice Secretary and Labour MP Sadiq Khan (below left).

 

No comments: