Saturday, May 11, 2013

Under 12's receive surprise visit

Stepney FC under 12's were in for a treat as a surprise visit from the senior team left everyone with the biggest smiles of the weekend.

Senior team members popped along to the regular Saturday training session at Haileybury with the Inner London Football League (ILFL) trophy. As reported on this blog two weeks ago, the senior team were crowned winter league champions in outstanding fashion and were invited  to pop along, talk to and inspire our younger generation.

Sham "safe hands" Zaman, the 2013 ILFL Golden Gloves winner took stopper Nazmul under his wing for an hour, providing a goalkeeping coaching session to the junior team keeper.

"I had so much fun with Sham today," said Nazmul. He gave me lots of tips and made me feel like a top keeper. I hope I can learn lots more and be like him one day. I want to say a big thank you for the gloves that Safe Hands gave me as a present today."

Apart from training there was a brief talk and very interesting Q&A session with Sham and the young players too.

No comments: