Saturday, April 05, 2014

An evening with Human Relief


Thanks to you all I have reached my target to find 300 cataract operations. 

One can only be as good as their back up team and I'm incredibly fortunate to have a pool of friends who come rain or shine, are their to support my causes. 

Khoyrul Shaheed from Human Relief ensured the evening ran smoothly. He plays a huge part in drawing me towards Human Relief Foundation's excellent causes. 

We had a very good turnout for the evening. My brother made an appearance after leaving early from work. My nephews Dinaz and Ashraf were there till the end along with my son Talha, my gorgeous niece Aqeelah and my brother in law. Mok was fashionably late again with Zainab and Tas. 

Robin was in fine fettle with Councillor Humayun Kabir, who gave us a nice speech. The legendary Peter Gaunt was on top form. 

Guru Shamim Haque came for an hour too and I thoroughly enjoyed showing him off to the guests. 

The restructured Hunter & Bloomfield with Hamid, Shahel, Abu and Khaled have been my chief supporters for many years and the team turned up in full to offer their backing. 

My sponsors are A class Events and apart from taking care of all the event set up they provided a delicious cake for us all to savour. 

Here's a poem written by Tayibah to be read out on the night. 

Human Relief

God gave us money
Not everyone has as much
We buy food like honey
But some don't get a touch

Are you grateful for what you have?
Will you give to the poor?
Is your heart full of love?
Generosity will open that door

People need our donaton
Be it a Pound, Dollar, Yen, Lira
The needy will greet with elation 
And pray for your akheera

© Tayibah 

No comments: