Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Team Legend visit Kenya


Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "The best house among the Muslims is the house in which orphans are well treated. The worst house among the Muslims is the house in which orphans are ill treated. I and the guardian of the orphan will be in the Garden like that," indicating his two fingers.

Team legend visited Kenya and part of the travels included a visit to the Madrasatul Manzoor orphanage school in Kenya. 

We had called on some close people to assist and the lads supplied a job lot of stationary to the orphans. The six of my friends who travelled said that the radiant smiles of the children captured the hearts of the team. 

This is my favourite pic. Just take a look at those beaming little faces. 

Team Legend was coined when a group of our childhood friends climbed Ben Nevis last year for Syrian Orphans. The name has stuck since. 

"One hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, how much I had in my bank account, or what my clothes looked like. But the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child." 


No comments: