Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Whitechapel Mission Beigal Run


Jerry took a break from his treatment at the Royal London to go sit somewhere safe and familiar. 

In Jerry's case it was the back entrance of the Whitechapel Mission - a place which has offered him sanctuary, solace, support and safety. 

Today I bumped into him when I went to drop off beigals for breakfast. Jerry has severe liver trouble and hasn't got long left to live. He said he's hoping to meet his family soon before things get worse. 

Jerry was in great spirits and even gave me a handshake and hug. I have just finished reading Lois on the Loose and Red Tape and White Knuckles by Lois Pryce. I gave him my copies to flog off. My mate Ranu was so touched by his story that she gave away her shopping to Jerry.

If you'd like to support the 365 days a year of amazingness that takes place at the Whitechapel Mission with some of the most vulnerable people in London then please visit www.whitechapel.org.uk

No comments: