After speaking to a member of staff I decided to put the word out. I was chugging along at an easy pace, collecting milk etc until yesterday when the whole game was blown wide open. Due to the efforts of one amazing lady UWT were handed over £1100.00 in powdered milk and money.
The above is a haiku tribute to those who have helped - You know who you are.
Mothers in Syria have suffered violence, displacement and poverty. Their terrible ordeals have left many of them widowed and suffering stress and malnourishment.
With several children to look after and incomes to procure, many mothers are facing great difficulty in providing the care and attention that their small children need.
Ummah Welfare Trust has launched a Baby Milk Powder Appeal to support such families. A container of milk powder will be sent to Syria and distributed amongst needy families.
Your help for this is needed. The charity needs to fill at least one shipping container with milk powder. Donors are asked therefore to give any milk powder that they may have.
Milk powder can be dropped off at your nearest Ummah Welfare Trust shop or office (powder should be at least 8 months from expiration):
- 175 Witton Road, Aston, Birmingham, B6 6JR. (Tel: 0121 682 0070)
- 454 Stratford Road, Sparkhill, Birmingham, B11 4AE. (Tel: 0121 773 4039)
- 4 Deepdale Pavilion, Deepdale Road, Preston, PR1 6PZ. (Tel: 01772 253040)
- 169 Dunstable Road, Luton, LU1 1BW. (Tel: 01582 966460)
- 471 Romford Road, Forest Gate, London, E7 8AB. (Tel: 0208 5343627)
- 1 Haddon Street, Leicester, LE2 0GG. (Tel: 0116 262 2566)
- 127 Albert Drive, Pollokshields, Glasgow, G41 2SU. (Tel: 0141 4239362)
- 29 Savile Road, Dewsbury, WF12 9PJ. (Tel: 01924 695160)
- 204 Manningham Lane, Bradford, BD8 7DT. (Tel: 01274 390 630)
- 11 Whalley Range, Blackburn, BB1 6DX. (Tel: 01254 674 596)
- 351 Derby Street, Bolton, BL3 6LR. (Tel: 01204 850 138)
In towns where there are not any drop off points, donors can still give milk powder by packing it in a clearly marked plastic bag labelled, 'FOR SYRIA MILK POWDER APPEAL.'
This should be dropped into an Ummah Welfare Trust clothing bank. The pack will subsequently be picked up by the charity's recycling team.
Deadline for Milk Powder donations: Sunday 4th May 2014.
You can also donate money for this appeal. Just £10 will provide a family with one container of milk powder. Zakah, Sadaqah and Lillah can be given for this.
#powdered #milk for #babies in #syria - the #ladies have been #amazing - here is my #latest #collection #orphans #haiku #poem #poetic #words #wordsmith #needy #destitute #orphans #homeless #shaam #resistance #oppressed #charity #humanity #uwt