Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Striving to the top

Tara is hiking to the summit of Kilimanjaro. 

Emdad Rahman: Tara Kaur is hitting the heights as she joins a team if friends on an expedition to conquer Mount Kilimanjaro.

The Office Manager at Woolmore Primary School in East London is raising money for 'When You Wish Upon A Star.'

Here is a quick interview: 

1. Why did you choose trekking?

A few years ago I watched a number of celebrities including Gary Barlow and Cheryl Cole climb Kilimanjaro Challenge for Comic Relief and I was really inspired and touched by what they did and I said to myself one day I will do that climb.

2. Who are you trekking for? 

As well as achieving a personal dream of mine I wanted to raise money for a good cause and chose a charity called 'When You Wish Upon A Star.'

3. What is the cause about? 

This Charity raises money to make dreams come true for terminally ill children.

4. Have you done this before? 

No this is my first time, it is also my first time sleeping outside in a tent - something else I will be doing a lot of during my climb.

5. How have you prepared? 

I have been going to the gym at least 3 times a week, doing a variety of cardio and resistance training, I also go to Surrey every Saturday to do a hike and walk when ever possible. I feel fit and ready for the challenge.

6. How have you funded your trip? 

I have funded the whole trip myself. Every penny I raise through sponsorship will be donated to the charity.

7. With the trek days away, how do you feel? 

I feel excited and ready. I am looking forward to the challenge and pray that I stay fit and healthy throughout the climb.

8. What advice do you have for anybody inspired by you? 

Keep focused and never give up on your dreams even when when it gets tough. Believe that you can and you are halfway there.

9. Your inspirations in life? 

My Mother - She is the most determined and most positive person I know. As a child my mum made everything possible. She has always been my side, supported and encouraged me to follow my dreams. I am the woman I am today thanks to my mum.

10. Your charity link? 

https://www.justgiving.com/Tara-Kaur69/ 

No comments: