Friday, September 18, 2015

Max Levitas: Dementia Friend

I met my friend Max for lunch and my birthday treat for him.

He is now 100 years old. "I want to learn about Dementia Emdad," he had said to me after I told him about this super initiative. Bless him I thought and arranged a one to one.


We had an interactive info session. Max Levitas is a real East end hero. The centurion took part in the Battle of Cable Street in 1936. Max and his fellow demonstratrs did not allow the British Union of Fascists, led by Oswald Mosley pass. Max has dedicated his life to fighting racism. Even at this advanced stage of his life he just has the sharpest brain. Max reminds me of my dad in that sense.

Just a thought but I wonder if Max is the worlds oldest Dementia Friend?

#foodforthought #DementiaFriends #MaxLevitas #BattleofCableStreet #EastEndHero

No comments: