Friday, July 10, 2020

The Corona Chronicles - Cycle Diaries!

It’s been a really busy day on the road with #foodbike #bookbikelondon with over 20k clocked today. All during a week when East End Cycles became my new sponsor to help me with my cycle servicing needs. 

I’ve had one cycle stolen and gained a £50 donation for a new one and a free service and new back up team.

There’s been food packs delivered to mental health patients on behalf of HCC Foodbank and books with #bookbikeondon

From my Stock from The Literacy Trust I was able to deliver Elephant Me by Giles Andreae, illustrated by Guy Parker Rees.

One thing I’m realising as lockdown eases is that the issues which affect our vulnerable remain very much at large. 

Just because things are opening up because of mostly economic reasons there’s no magic wand to make infection rates disappear and cure people magically. 

Many people are still ill, vulnerable and suffering and nothing’s changed there. Covid-19 has simply bought these horrors out into the open and the easing of lockdown doesn’t mean all is miraculously back to normal again.

My request to grassroots community groups is to continue your brilliant engagement. 

Your resources may be meagre but your hearts are massive. 

It’s what we are all in it for!


No comments: