Monday, September 06, 2021

#bookbikelondon milestones

#bookbikelondon recently hit the 4000 book milestone. This would not be possible without unparalleled help from my community. 

Here’s one example of the sheer magic of having a strong and effective community network, where members look for opportunities to give others a leg up. 

Rofikul was the first person to source me a cycle, going as far as the South Coast to secure me a decent two wheeler. It served me very well until it was stolen. What I will always remember is how hard and out of his way he went for me to have this. 

By then #bookbikelondon had started to gain momentum and support and fast forward we are heading towards 5000. 

Cheers Rof! May you be rewarded with all things good.

There are many stories of people who have gone out of their way to support #bookbikelondon with not a single mention of wanting recompense or anything in return from me. Many are so low key they would be horrified at the mere public mention of their names. 

This project is organic and will develop its own pathway whilst inspiring others to engage in similar services. The concept has succeeded 100% - After all, we are powered by the people!

Ones efforts are a reflection of their community and one of the things I look forward to most of all is witnessing how this project thrives through the help of family, friends, total strangers. Each week I’m offered something from someone, be it a book, stationary, word search, board game, consoles, medicine, food parcels. 

It is a phenomenon to behold - Thank you all!

Note: My total spend so far: £0.00.

#bookbiker #theanfieldtourist #thewanderinglondoner

No comments: