Friday, November 10, 2006

Tower Hamlets Labour Group Press Release

Galloway admits “I don’t give a f**k what anyone else thinks”
George Galloway, last week launched a sustained verbal attack on a group of students who attempted to question his opinions following at a speech he made to the Oxford Union. Student, Harriet Bradley asked Galloway about a claim he had made in his speech to the Union that democracy in Cuba is more “free” than in the UK. When questioned in the chamber, Galloway claimed that Oxford students are too privileged to understand what he was talking about.

Bradley said “I just thought I would ask him about it in a polite way. We made the point that we didn’t have to be posh to disagree with him. His response was, ‘You are confusing me with someone who gives a f**k’.”

Another student, William Cudmore added, “Dan said [to Galloway] that he was distressed at Galloway’s behaviour towards his friend Harriet. To this he replied, ‘I’m a little bit distressed that you think it’s any of your f**king business.’”

Galloway was reported as continuing ‘You are both confusing me with someone who gives a f**k what you think. I don’t give a f**k what you think.’”

Daniel Carall-Green then asked Galloway if he felt that this was the right way to speak to members of his electorate. Galloway allegedly responded, “I don’t give a f**k what anyone else thinks.” Carall-Green proceeded to ask him whose views he was in Parliament to represent. To this question, Galloway allegedly replied, “I don’t represent anyone’s views. I represent me. I don’t give a f**k what anyone else thinks.”

A spokesperson for Galloway defended his comments. “He is not prepared to apologise for his comments. He does not regret the language he used. The students seem to have taken offence easily.”

The four Magdalen students who put the questions to Galloway have confirmed his remarks, as has the Union President, James Wise.

Labour Council Leader Denise Jones said:

“It is clear from these comments that the only person Galloway cares about is himself. His record of MP for Bethnal Green and Bow has been one of neglect and contempt. Finally he has had the honesty to admit what he really believes. The people of Bethnal Green and Bow have now heard from Galloway himself “I don’t represent anyone’s views, I represent me””.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Emdad,



Could I comment in responce to the latest sleaze on George Gallaway.



The press relaease comes from Chris Weavers, who is the policy advisor to the Labour group, paid out of Towerhamlets council's tax to work full time Monday-Friday. The press release was:

(1) UNTRUE

(2) and has nothing to do with policy advisor of the Labour Group.



It is outrageous that he is abusing his position. But we should come to expect this from a party to which is mixed in sleaze from top to bottom. His leader is not only a war criminal and is facing a policy interview under cautiion for cash for honours.