Thursday, August 09, 2012

Olympics 2012 Diary of a London Ambassador


Day 1

Wembley Stadium is where I’ll be based at for the next six exciting days and we were in for a treat as Mexico and Japan met in the men’s football semis. 

There was a brilliant atmosphere with lots of fanfare and merriment inside and outside the stadium as London Ambassadors like me thrived on the chance to welcome visitors to our great city. It is something I’ve been insanely excited about for the last few years and I was determined that an excruciating toothache from the day before would not darken my moment in the sun. 

I totally loved it, felt at ease greeting fans, handling enquiries and even had a few photo requests from fans, Mexicans, Japanese and Tyson Bendzak, a super gentleman from Nike Oregon, who was representing and updating his workforce through his own Olympic diary. It was a great day and we worked effortlessly with Games Makers, Wembley Park staff, Security and the Police to deliver great service to visitors. Mexico won to go through to the final and the display of euphoria after the game was amazing.


No comments: