Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Weird



Hi there!
Why do you stare?
Is it the way, or what I wear?

I'm just 
The same as everyone
And you.

Only life has made it harder
For me,
Than you.

© Peter McGuire

The amazing Peter and his brother Steph McGuire are known as the Boccia Brothers. 

They both have muscular dystrophy, an incurable degenerative condition. 

Having overcome the barriers that have affected their lives since birth both brothers represented Team GB at the London Paralympic Games in 2012. 

Both are still competing competitive at the highest stage. 

I had the pleasure of meeting Peter, Steph, young Ciaran and Peter Junior in Glasgow on Monday. Steph and I were in the same team as we carried the Queen's Baton during it's Commonwealth Games relay in Woodlands, Glasgow and I've made a friend for life.

If you feel that life has dealt you an unfair hand then look at these two awe inspiring humans. 

Let their inspiration envelope you, shake you up, and help you rise up and reach for the stars again. 

No comments: