Friday, August 29, 2014

From Scintilla CC win to One Third Soup Kitchen

I left straight after Scintilla Cricket Clubs record 404 run victory over ACE CC, which leaves my club on the brink of the Essex County Cricket League Championship for 2014.

It was a day of celebration and I dropped Enamul Haque Jr and Bellal off home before meeting Kay at Stratford. It was only the two of us and we enjoyed our catch ups with the regulars. It was good to hear from Amanda that she had missed me. She was aware that I had travelled on holiday.

The soup was fantastico and Marco, Chris, Gary, Amanda, Ali, Hannah, Keith and the rest of the gang left the pot empty and shining.

Due to not having the time to change my cricket whites I was able to engage in discussions with a few visitors who follow the game. I may even have recruited a potential new fast bowler - a gentleman who played cricket at public school. In the future I hope the senior and academy members at Scintilla will join me here.

I even had time to take a skateboard lesson with Jay - something I've been meaning to do for a while.

Here's till next time.

No comments: