Monday, May 18, 2020

The Corona Chronicles - Homeless London


Contrary to belief it takes real guts to accept food from a complete complete stranger.

Let me go further. It takes huge courage to even ask in the first place.

Most homeless friends I have had the pleasure of meeting and serving always have common interests. Quite a few who visit our soup kitchens simply want chat and mingle - They crave decent human connection where they’re not judged, over sympathised or belittled.

So a few days back I was introduced to Nadine from #DarMarrakech Stratford and we set in motion a plan to feed homeless and vulnerable people with tasty Moroccan food during the #Covid19 #Coronavirus #pandemic and subsequent lockdown period and month of #Ramadan

The food is out of this world and it’s a good thing I’m fasting because guaranteed I would’ve asked Nadine for an extra portion or three for myself.

On a serious note, this is a terrific example of our big hearted community.

Thanks Dar Marrakech for putting people before profits.

I’m very fortunate in that I have the backing of an extraordinary support network who I can rely on pretty much any time I need to. It enables me to spread the services amongst friends and family who may not be frontline but are the most fantastic back up team. 
Without them we’d have no causes to support.

No comments: