Tuesday, May 19, 2020

The Corona Chronicles - Abdal’s Ramadan stair challenge!


Abdal’s Ramadan Orphan Challenge - Day 26  

Total stats to date: Floors: 546 Steps: 7644.

Today I joined Abdal and I can testify this is not an  easy task. So I’d gone into work and thought I’d do my bookbike rounds. En route I bumped into our world champion, the legendary Charlie Magri and took a few snaps before getting over to Canary Wharf. 

So this is a simple and ingenious lockdown challenge which ties in perfectly with what we do 12 months of the year. It also ensures we have maintained our Ramadan challenges without fail. 

Over the course of thirty days of lockdown and Ramadan 2029 Abdal will climb 630 floors with 8820 steps. 

The challenge is in aid of orphans and widows and will support the Whitechapel based Lonely Orphans. 

At the end of the day we’re just working class, second generation immigrants who are grafting to do our bit to try make the world a better place. 

Our success is your success and the two are intertwined, as without your support we wouldn’t be able to deliver zilch. 

With only a few days to go I want to say well done mate! Proud of our hero!


Short video HERE!

#thewanderinglondoner

No comments: