Tuesday, May 19, 2020

The Corona Chronicles - Knock out with Charlie Magri!


Not every day you meet a World champion boxer - Whilst I was delivering books to a care home for #bookbikelondon I bumped into the one and only Charlie Magri.

His partner is a care worker too and they both had loads of nice words for me.

Tina told me that books are always welcome in a care home and it helps many people in different ways - Be it individual reading of being read to by someone.

Charlie said he thought its a great little project which will bring happiness to a lot of people, especially during the Coronavirus pandemic

bookbikelondon connect through books, powered by a cycle. It combines two passions of mine and I’ve enjoyed having the community on board. Many of my friends have donated books and one has given me a cycle.

At work I usually use the #santandercycles religiously to get me out and about. Going forward I am hoping to develop the same project on my international charity trips.

You do get to see the world on a bike ðŸ™‚

No comments: