Tuesday, June 09, 2020

The Corona Chronicles - Dagenham & Redbridge FC Food Hub!


Yes, that’s bog roll and not a rocket pack on my shoulder.

Dagenham & Redbridge FC are delighted to be working with the Vanarama National League and Football Food Aid in association with the British Red Cross, to establish a Food Donation Hub.

Today I cycled over to pick up a jumbo food load from the clubs food hub.

I met a committed team who are supplying food and essentials to local organisations as part of a united effort to help vulnerable members of our community.  

During these difficult times the Hedgecock Community Centre Foodbank is serving several residents who are living with mental health and we have been boosted in our efforts by our community network. 

Thanks to The Daggers food hub I was able to deliver some essentials to our vulnerable recipients who require ongoing support during the Coronavirus pandemic.

Thanks to Humdum UK @fannybliss and @daggersfcofficial I was able to visit six vulnerable friends today. Each one has complex needs. Each one had a broader smile than the last!

A valuable lesson I’ve learnt through community work is it doesn’t matter whether you have financial muscle, big degrees or connections in high places.

I can proudly say that I’ve never ever had to go to a wealthy benefactor with my cap in hand, ready to sell my self worth for a few shillings.

Truth is the community have taken care of my appeals; family, friends, colleagues and complete strangers.

If you are sincere in serving your community then it will all fall into place as your positive energy will attract the right people - Those who share your vision, through whom you can bounce off ideas, be inspired and develop your passions.

We may be almost over the hill but the lasting effects of this global pandemic on people’s wellbeing in general remains to be seen.

The economy will recover and take care of itself as long as we put the people first.

Thank you magical people!

#thewanderinglondoner

No comments: