Sunday, August 16, 2020

The Corona Chronicles - Strangers helping strangers!


Nice to see Em and Jon! They’re not living together as Jon has had to move to Dagenham but still an item.

Today I had planned a quiet day with #bookbikelondon and a few book deliveries doing my local cycle route. I’ve been kicked out of my local cycling whatssap group because I have joined in but that’s cool as I have far bigger fish to fry.

Firstly, I received some money from Capital Kids Cricket CEO Ratan Bhai and Bhabi of which I used a little amount to sort out some #homeless friends.

I received a call from a local family who’d been signposted to me by Pastor Obi Onyeabor. We talked, they cooked, and delivered delicious piping hot food. 

It turned out to be a large delivery for me and Dulu to our local homeless refuge and the rough sleepers in the town centre.

This is the power of community and networking. I have seen some close friends quite upset today and wrote about their experiences as charity volunteers and I hope sharing this experience cheers them up and gives them a little boost and pick me up. 

You don’t need money, or an organisation or endorsements to make a difference. If the intention is there the path will light up. 

#homelesspeople #homelessoutreach #feedinglondon #theanfieldtourist #thewanderinglondoner



No comments: