Wednesday, June 03, 2020

The Corona Chronicles - Happiness is a Lush Bath bomb!


We might consider ourselves invincible at times but all it takes is one wrong unfortunate occurrence to send our whole world crashing down. That’s how vulnerable and fragile we all really are. 

I haven’t seen my friend Manya for a good few months. She’s a real diamond with a heart of gold and used to offer me coffee at our Stratford One Third Soup Kitchen. 

She has lost a daughter and was widowed last year too after losing her soulmate to Cancer. Manya is a former nurse who has unsurprisingly fallen on hard times. 

Today as part of our homeless cycle outreach programme I was able to treat her to fantastic lush bath bombs made available by my comrade Pastor Obi Onyeabor from Barking Foodbank and food from HCC Foodbank and One Third homeless Soup Kitchen.  

I sorted her requests but I wanted to give someone an opportunity to gift her a sleeping bag. 

This was ticked off my to do list barely a minute after I had posted it on Facebook. 

Manya has been homeless 6 months. She’s a total buzz and has brightened up the forecourt at Barking Underground Station. Her rapport with station staff. Passers by, strangers and commuters is really special. 

Manya has been dealt a tough and cruel blow by life but despite it all she’s still smiling and trying her very best to live life.

She may be down but she’s definitely not out!

First come first served. (Local friends). 

#thewanderinglondoner

No comments: